Saturday, September 6, 2014

Novel Update #1: The Road to First Draft and Beyond

I'm about a week into writing the first draft of my novel P.A.N.I.C. I will be  7,000 words in by the end of the day. Barely scratching the surface of a long third chapter that involves the training of  PANIC Agents the soldiers armed with enchanted weapons and armor equipped with knowledge of spells to fight Paranormal foes that threaten humanity.

I'm trying my best to clock in 1,000 words a day, due to my anxiety, that is usually the most I can do for a whole day. My novel is progressing along beautifully though. As I've been writing I've been heavily expanding my world, generating exciting ideas. I even got an idea for a whole separate book involving some of the characters from P.A.N.I.C. but that is further down the line. I have ideas for about 5-6 worth of books for this massive world I'm creating.

My current plan is to have the first draft of my novel finished by the end of September. I'd love to have it revised and edited by the end of October for a possible release around Halloween. I will be publishing it exclusively with Amazon via Kindle Directly Publishing, at least for a few months then will be making it available in other places.

The follow up book to P.A.N.I.C. will be The Pale Demon which P.A.N.I.C. is a prequel for. The Pale Demon was the first book I was writing, I left off 7,700 words in and began working on the prequel for it instead. As soon as I finish P.A.N.I.C. I will continue writing The Pale Demon in hopes of finishing it by Spring 2015.


That's all for now.

- Tony



No comments:

Post a Comment